What is Penis?
Penis is an urinogenital organ of a male organism. It serves as an organ to pass sperms in the form semen and urine out of the body thus helping in both urination and ejaculation of semen.
We have reproductive organs – be it female or male, but how much do we know about them like heart, lungs, or brain? Not much! Because talking or knowing facts about them is considered taboo even for knowledge and medical purposes.
It is always better to learn about each and every part of our body to keep them in good condition. It is also important that we start considering reproductive organs or secondary sexual organs like breasts as normal as other organs like kidneys, liver, etc. Today, let us learn some penis facts. Let’s begin…
1. Penis is not a muscle as many may think. It is a type of sponge that gets filled with blood when a man is sexually excited. Hence you cannot move it a lot when it is erect.
2. There are two chambers inside the penis. Blood gets filled in both the chambers as the arteries in the chambers widen. It results in swelling and stiffening of the penis.
3. The swelling blocks the veins from carrying blood to the heart and away from the penis. When the arteries narrow as the erection disappears which allows blood to drain away from the penis.
4. According to a study conducted on 274 men, there is no co-relation between the flaccid penis’ length and its size when it is erect. Some are small and grow large and some are large and grow little when excited. These two are called grower and show-er respectively.
5. Men don’t have control on when they ejaculate. It is somewhat because brain is not involved in this process. The signal to ejaculate comes from the spinal cord’s spinal ejaculation generator.
6. Brain does help in delaying the event, though. For example: distracting yourself (by thinking something else) will help in delaying.
7. Baby boys can get erection too! Not just that, a male fetus can get an erection inside the womb. There are many ultrasound scans that showed fetuses with a full erection.
8. As per a study of 1991, these erections in fetuses take place when the fetus is in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep. It was also seen that erections can happen multiple time in an hour. It is not known, however, why it happens.
9. Penises are longer than what you think. Almost half of the entire length of penis is inside the body. The shape of the entire penis is more or less like a boomerang.
10. Contrary to popular belief, there is no relation between the penis length and the shoe length. It was concluded in the study published in BJU International journal.
11. However, an older study published in the year 1993 found out that there was a very vague relationship between penis length and body height and foot length. But they said that these parameters (body height and foot length) are not practical estimators of the length of the penis.
12. An Iranian study, published in the International Journal of Impotence Research, concluded that the penis length is correlated with height, age, index finger’s length but not with foot size.
13. Most of the men have around three to five erection each night – especially during REM sleep. These erections are called nocturnal penile tumescence. It is not known why these erections happen.
14. There is a theory that tries to explain the reason for these erections. According to this theory, it helps in preventing bed-wetting because an erection inhibits urination.
15. But this theory doesn’t fully explain the reason because women also experience similar phenomenon called nocturnal clitoral tumescence. Whatever is the reason, it is useful as a diagnostic tool.
16. If a man is not achieving an erection while he is awake but is achieving erection during sleep, then the reason is some psychological issue. If his penis is not achieving erection when in his sleep, then the reason is some physical issue.
17. It is common knowledge that penis doesn’t have any bones. But it still can break! It can happen in multiple ways – participation in vigorous intercourse is one of the top reasons. Woman on top is the most dangerous position. The other reason can be falling off from the bed when you have an erection.
18. It is known as penile fracture. It ruptures the fibrous covering of one of the layers of the penis. The moment the penis gets fractured, you can hear a popping or cracking sound. The blood present inside the chambers flow out and causes swelling and intense pain. Thankfully, it doesn’t happen frequently.
19. Many men don’t go to the doctor because of embarrassment but it is important to note that it is fully treatable and there won’t be any effect on the function of penis.
20. An erect penis can point in any broad direction. It can be vertically up or vertically down, it can be left or right, it can be straight horizontally as in 90 degrees.
Click Here for More strange Facts.